Today Internet and the Web offer us an unimaginable world of new ways to expand our knowledge, there are countless topics, games, movies can be watched.
But be careful: there is also risky or dangerous information. Children and adolescents, according to the latest surveys are the highest percentage of users, since they, thanks to their curiosity, are the ones that best adapt to new technologies.
Therefore, the best preventive measure is for parents, guardians or teachers to explain the risks to which they are subject. Children and adolescents who spend long hours online and could even by chance, by putting a wrong name, access inappropriate content, or encounter the sexual predators who prowl every minute of hunting for an innocent victim.
To help your kids have good web experience, you are required to make them understand a few points. These points are given below:
- Not everything seen on the Internet or the Web is real. In fact, there are false and dangerous services and proposals
- Being connected to the network for long hours every day can generate antisocial and isolation behaviors
- Remember that once you put the information online you can not remove it so easily.
- Before joining a social networking site, carefully analyze the different options offered
- Flirting or seducing online with strangers can have serious consequences
- Think carefully before placing your photo on the website as it could be altered and spread, and this could cause more than one headache
- We must be very cautious if a new friend you have met through the network wants to meet you personally. If you do, it should be accompanied by an adult, and the meeting should be conducted at a public place
- When you are online you feel threatened or uncomfortable by some person or by something you see on the network, immediately communicate it to an adult of your trust.
While communicating these points, parents should take into account the following:
- Get involved in what your children do online, ask them which websites they frequent the most and with whom they talk
- Find out if they have a blog, website or email
- Block inappropriate sites,
- Control the accounts of your children
All this is possible with the use of the Android parental control app such as FamilyTime that lets parents monitor their kids’ digital experience and empower them to take control of their activities at the same time. Having this app in hand, parents can see the list of URLs their kids visit, apps they use, connections they make, fiends they connect with, communications they carry, and much more. With all this, parents can also control what apps they can use and for how long.
The app offers screen limit features to them which help parents either schedule auto screen locks on their kids’ devices or lock them remotely. Another nice feature provided in this app is on FamilyTime Bank, where parents allocate a specific number of hours to their kids for screen use. This limited time enables kids to make their tech use productive only. So, what are you looking for now? Give FamilyTime – Android parental control app a free try and see how does the app help you in protecting your kids from the dangers of the internet.