Your hospitality business may get a lot of customers through the door, but are you keeping them happy once they are seated at the table?
A survey by Purple in 2016 found that free Wi-Fi increases customer satisfaction and repeat custom.
- 80% said that the use of Wi-Fi in bars and restaurants contributes to a positive experience
- In age group 35-44 that figure rose to 90%
- 60% said being able to use Wi-Fi when out for a drink or meal would make them a more loyal customer
- If available 55% said they would sometimes use the Wi-Fi
- 40% always log in
- 84% of respondents reported that they browse the internet whilst out socialising
- 58% said they use free Wi-Fi for keeping in touch with friends
Whilst using a free Wi-Fi service is great for customer satisfaction and loyalty it can also be combined with marketing tools and therefore be used to boost business even further. Asking for information when logging into the free Wi-Fi will help you create appropriate actions and interactions with potential customers.
- 51% of respondents said that being rewarded for spending a certain amount would make them more likely to come back
- 35% said that access to exclusive gifts and offers via Wi-Fi would make them more of a devoted customer.
If you’re still not convinced, why not try it out and see the difference it could make to your business or run a survey for your own customers.
Talk to a certified IT professional now to set up your own Wi-Fi for your hospitality business.